Granada Market tour & Food Tasting
- Discover the Albaicin, the Arab Quarter, and its patterned past
- Gain a unique perspective of Sacromonte, the gypsy neighbourhood in the hills
- Gaze over 5 amazing view points
- Enjoy the impressive views over the Sierra Nevada mountains
- Wonder at the beauty of Alhambra
Rise above the maze of streets that make up Granada’s most vibrant neighbourhoods as we give you a unique perspective of the city. Gaze over the patchwork cloth of houses that clings to the mountains and peak in as it oozes with life from five amazing viewpoints.
We will start our journey at Plaza El Salvador, the heart of Albaicin, and wiggle our way down. Our Granada is where the romantic poets and hopeful artists once sat. We will visit the locals favourite hangouts and city’s most idyllic spaces as we show you a new side of the city.
See the Arab Quarter, the Albaicin, from up high, and deep within. This neighbourhood, now a UNESCO World Heritage site, tells us the story of Al-Andalus – the great Muslim kingdom. Overlook the old arab walls that once protected the city and catch a glimpse of the river Darro as she snakes between the mountains. There is so much the eye can miss, which is why we like to admire from above.
Visit the gypsy neighbourhood, Sacromonte, the land of caves. Delve deep into what is now the heart of bohemian misfits, their art and their music. Soak up breathtaking views of the Alhambra and the city. The dozens of churches and Cathedral tower laid out as if a painting, just you and the Sierra Nevada, invited to view.
- Schedule: Daily, 10am and 4pm, 6pm, or 8pm depending on season
- Duration: 3 hours
- Group size: 1-8 people
- Meeting point: In front of the church, Plaza El Salvador (accessible on the Bus C31)
- Expert guide
- Visit 5 view-points
- Insider tips
- One drink and tapa per person (beer, wine, water, coffee or tea)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Iberian ham