Granada Tapas Trail & Gypsy Flamenco
Enjoy tapas as we lead you from Granadas old town up into the “gypsy” neighbourhood, Sacromonte, hidden in the hills. Hear about the city’s coloured history, its mix of people, cultures, and of course, the world of flamenco. End in a cave and local hangout, watching an intimate flamenco show high above the city.
- Experience an intimate flamenco show in a cave
- Discover the old town, Albaicin and gypsy neighbourhood of Sacramonte
- Try the locals favourite desert, Pionono
- Devour the best of Granada’s tasty tapas and drinks
Do you want to make the most of your time in Granada? Join us as we show you what makes Granada’s heart beat: it’s people, gastronomy and flamenco. If you have just one night here, there is no better way to spend it.
We will begin at Plaza Nueva, the city’s main square, and wander through the “christian quarter”, more commonly known as the city center. Enjoy your first tapas in one of Granada’s old-classic taverns. Here you can choose between (or trust your guide!) a variety of drinks and discover the gastronomy of the region. Favourites include juicy meatballs, flavoursome croquetes and perfectly roasted ham. At each of the tapas bars, you will have a drink and a choice of one plate to share – which means that if you are in a group with a few people, you will get to try a dozen different dishes!
Your panoramic view of the city continues as we make our way through the Albaicin, the “Arab quarter”, and oldest neighbourhood in Granada. It’s windy white-washed streets are now a melting pot for much of the city’s life. Soak up the local ambience as we stop for your next culinary delight.
It’s then on and up into the Gypsy neighbourhood of Sacromonte. For centuries the gypsy populations have lived here in the natural caves nestled in the mountain edge. These are the caves where flamenco was born and where you will experience an intimate show. The show is in one of the oldest and most authentic caves still owned by an old gypsy family. You will find hundreds of flamenco shows in Spain, but only in Granada you will be, literally, inside a mountain.
We can accommodate any dietary needs as Spanish food can include vegetarian, vegan, non-pork and other options. Please notify us in advance.
- Schedule: Daily at 17.30
- Duration: 5 hours
- Group size: 1-8 people
- Meeting point: Plaza Nueva, next to the fountain
- Expert guide
- Walking tour of the Albaicin, Sacramonte and Old Town
- Entrance to the flamenco show
- Visit 2-3 bars
- 3 drinks per person (sherry, red or white wine, beer, tinto de verano, and of course, water)
- 3 tapas per person
- You will be able to try some of the following (we will try our best to accomodate you): Hummus (a speciality from the Arab world), croquetas, meatballs, local tomatoes with avocado, roast ham, an assortment of olives (4 different types), gazpacho, flamenquin (a traditional ham and cheese roll), aubergine with honey, bread, picos.
- Desert options could include, but not limited to: Pionono (a typical local dessert), coffee or ice cream
- Menu can be adapted to vegetarians and allergies (please let us know beforehand)
- Insider tips
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance to monuments
- Iberian ham