Hike The Caminito del Rey
Cloud-hop with us on the mind-blowing walk way of Kings. You will traverse the hanging boardwalks and pathways at the Caminito del Rey in the most picturesque part of Andalusia’s mountains before a stop for a tasty lunch.
- Hike the hair-raising walkway in the air with your guide
- Revel in the stunning natural landscape and rock formations
- Hear tales of the Caminito del Rey’s unique past
- Soak in the surroundings at the relaxing blue lake
At the heart of Andalucia lies one of Spain’s most impressive structures: the Caminito del Rey. Translated literally to the King’s little path, a deceptive title as there is nothing little about it! Hold your breath as we traverse it’s hanging walkway, 100m high in the Spanish mountains.
After a hotel pick up we will journey through the Andalusian olive groves and make our way to the ‘throat of El Chorro’ and it’s spectacular gorges, known locally as ‘desfiladero de los gaitanes’. Feel as though you are walking through the air as your guide leads you along the windy path, sharing stories of the area and… avoiding the edge!
Hidden between the canyons, these wooden boardwalks were originally built for workers of the nearby dam in 1901. Find out why they were probably the deadliest place to work in Spain, but don’t worry, recent renovation has turned this into the most idyllic spot for walking up high, and we’ll give you a helmet!
Reach the breathtaking El Chorro lake, with its spindly arms and azure blue waters. If you’re feeling restless, hop in a kayak and stream across the flat waters. Alone, in the middle of waters, float in awe at the jaggedly cut rock formations that engulf you and all the surrounding beauty.
After all your adventure, time to relax. Bask in the surrounding nature and enjoy a well deserved and hearty lunch on a Spanish terrace before heading home. Try a local grilled-meat for a mouthwatering end, or try the Spanish gazpacho, a lighter option that definitely hits the spot (lunch not included).
What a day!
- Length: 8 km
- Duration of the walk: approximately 3 hours
- Level: ⅕
- Suitable for children
What to bring:
- A bottle of water
- Nuts or fresh fruit
- A hat
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Schedule: Daily at 9am
- Duration: 8-9 Hours, may vary with the kayaking activity
- Group size for the day trip: 1-8 people
- The group size for the hike is a large group arranged by Caminito. For small group or private hikes in the Caminito please please contact us.
- Meeting point: Hotel pick up
- Expert guide/driver
- Entrance to the Caminito del Rey & group guided hike
- Safety equipment
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Insider tips
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Optional Kayaking
- Private or small group hike
Granada Day Trips