Walk, Talk and Devour Tapas From Granada’s Old Town To The Albaicin
Join us for a panoramic walk of Granada – from the hills of the Albaicin down to its old town. Enjoy a selection of tasty tapas as we stop in our favourite hideouts along the way. Expect tales of the city’s past, its mix of cultures and breathtaking views of the Alhambra
- Discover the ‘Arab Quarter’ in the hills – the Albaicin,
- Uncover modern day customs and the influence of Granada’s past on modern life
- Taste the locals favourite desert, Pionono
- Enjoy Granada’s best tapas and local wines in our favourite bars
Vibrant neighbourhoods and gastronomy. What more could you want? We have combined two of our favourites to bring you the true essence of Granada. This fun and tasty tour takes you from the Arab Quarter down to the Old Town while enjoying local flavours.
The meeting point is Plaza Nueva, “The New Square” yet, ironically the oldest square in the city. From here enter into the maze of the Albaicin, the “Arab Quarter”. Be transported back in time as we meander its streets and wind through the “calle de las teterías”. Witness how the influence of this period has enriched present-day life, architecture and of course, food. Try your first tapas, a dish inspired by these times.
Then it’s on to join the bustle of the central marketplace and its juicy looking produce (limited opening hours) Soak up the local ambience as you enjoy some of our favourite drinks and tapas, a must is the local jamon asado (roasted ham). At each of the tapas bars, you will have a drink and a choice of one plate to share – which means that if you are in a group with a few people, you will get to try a dozen different dishes!
Next, wiggle between the city’s monuments, discover where the crypts of Queen Isabella and Ferdinand are hidden and learn about the other side of the city. We will enter the heart of Granada’s buzzing social scene to find a lively tavern to end. Of course, it’s also time for your first pionono, the typical dessert, born in Granada with its own unique story. Join us to find out more, and see why it’s the locals’ choice!
We can accommodate any dietary needs as Spanish food can include vegetarian, vegan, non-pork and other options. Please notify us in advance.
- Schedule: Daily at 12pm, and 8pm
- Duration: 4 hours
- Group size: 1-8 people
- Meeting point: Plaza Nueva, next to the fountain
- Expert foodie guide
- Walking tour of the Albaicin
- Visit a local bar in the Albaicin
- Visit 2-3 bars in the old town
- 3 drinks per person (sherry, red or white wine, beer, tinto de verano, and of course, water)
- 3 tapas per person
- The menu can be adapted to vegetarians and allergies (please let us know beforehand)
- Insider tips
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance to monuments
- Iberian ham
- Optional taxi or shuttle bus