Online tour of Mediterranean diet & Hercules
Ever wondered what is the secrets behind the famous Mediterranean diet. Join us on this one hour tour through 2000 years of Roman history to learn about the healthy ingredients, enjoy an olive oil tasting as well as learn a few original yet easy recipes to suprise your guests on your next party
- Discover the secrets of the Mediterranean diet
- Find out who the antic version of Superman was
- Do an olive oil tasting with a real farmer girl
- Learn about 2000 years of Roman history in Spain
- Receive a recipe of 2 traditional yet easy Spanish dishes
We start our tour around southern Europe with a short summary of this one-hour culinary journey. Then we will dive into 2000 years of Roman history in Spain. We will follow the footsteps of Hercules, the antique version of modern “Superman” in the Mediterranean Sea.
We will learn about the 3 most basic ingredients in ancient times, wine, olive oil, and bread adding tomato to it after it was discovered in America. We learn about trade, productions, eating habits, and fun facts. We will do an olive oil tasting, talk about the most Spanish wine, Spanish sherry & the famous dessert wine Pedro Jimenez.
Finally, we jump to 1492, the year that Spaniards discovered the Americas and brought the tomato to Europe.
Our food walk through 2000 years of history in Spain will culminate in one of the most sought after aperitifs of all times, the infamous Bruschetta or the Spanish Pantumaca. In a hands-on session, we learn its recipe and enjoy it with a glass of red wine before saying goodbye to each other.
This tour is meant to give you a brief but lasting idea of the healthy and well-balanced Medieterreanen diets all the way from ancient Rome to Modern Spain through some myths, legends, nutrition and historic facts.
Now you will really have a taste of Spain at home!
- Schedule: Monday to Friday at 9.30am, 4pm, 5pm, 7pm, 8pm. Saturday and Sunday at 5pm and 8pm (CEST)
- Duration: 1 hour
- Group size: 1- 10 people
- Meeting point: This is an online experience. A strong internet connection is required as well as zoom application on your PC or mobile phone
- Expert guide with live interaction
- Two recipes of traditional Spanish dishes
- Hands-on preparation of Bruschetta
- Olive oil tasting
- Gratuities (optional)