Off the Beaten Path Tapas Tour
In the 1980s this neighborhood was one of the most troubled in the city with a great number of brothels. Today, it is a center for culture and boasts the most alternative atmosphere in the city making it a great place to discover interesting and modern tapas that push the boundaries of this cuisine to new heights.
- Gain an insight into life in Spain as you visit the carefully selected tapas bars and bodegas
- Learn the difference the difference between the Bohemian quartet of Sevilla and the rest of the city
- Learn much about Seville, the customs, trends, people, food, likes, dislikes, and the social situation
- Enjoy the delicious tapas and Spanish wine
Alameda de Hercules area is known for being the most alternative part of Sevilla and also the bohemian quarter. It is also known as the go-to spot for modern, alternative and non-touristic tapas spots. On this unforgettable 3-hour tour, a guide will show you the best tapas bars that only the locals know about. From the most traditional tapas to tapas with a modern twist, all the places will leave you asking for more. And of course, it makes perfect sense to accompany all these tapas with a good glass of wine. The tour guide will help you discover the aromas and flavors of wines that go well with this Andalusian cuisine.
First, we will meet in one of the liveliest parts of Seville, Alameda, and from here, we will explore the area and after a short introduction of the history of the district, we will arrive at the first tapas spot. After this, we will meander through the streets and see a variety of different tapas places, from a loud and lively stand-up tavern to a tranquil, formal sit-down restaurant.
At each of the tapas bars, you will have a drink and a choice of one plate to share– which means that if you are in a group with a few people, you will get to try a dozen different dishes! After this, we will return back to the meeting point.
Note: This tour has a little bit of everything, so everyone from couples to families can enjoy this taste of Andalusia! Also, we can accommodate any dietary needs as Spanish food can include vegetarian, non-pork, and other options!
- Schedule: daily, at 12:30 noon or 8 pm
- Duration: 3 hours
- Group size: 1 to 8 people
- Meeting point: in front of Casa de las Sirenas at Alameda de Hercules 30
- Expert foodie guide
- Visit 3-4 of the best traditional tapas bars in Seville
- 4 Drinks per person (Sherry, Red or White Wine, Beer, Tinto de Verano, and of course, Water)
- 4 tapas per person or depending on the participants, We will try between 6 to 16 different tapas
- You will be able to try some of the following (we will try our best to accommodate You): Cigar, Pork Ribs, Mushroom Cake, Salmorejo, Fried Eggplants with Honey, Goat Cheese in the oven, Croquetas, Squid, Solomillo with Goat Cheese, Carrilladas, Capirotes de Langostinos, Gazon (Special Fish from Southern Spain), Paella, Montadito, Tocino del Cielo – The order and selection can be changed depending on the availability
- Desert options could Include but are not limited to Palmerita de Chocolate, Tocino de Cielo, Coffee or Ice Cream
- A supplement of 15 euros applies for vegan or vegetarian options
- The menu can be adapted if you have any allergies (Please let us know!)
- Visit the oldest Market in Seville and depending on the opening hours, Have a drink there
- Insider tips
- Gratuities (optional)
- A supplement of 8 euros applies for vegan food
- Iberian ham