Doñana & El Rocio
Escape the bustle of Seville on a full-day tour to the Doñana National Park, village of El Rocío, and Atlantic coast beaches of the Guadalquivir River Delta region. Ride Andalusian horses or tour the dunes and marshes by 4WD vehicle, swim in the ocean and live up the essence of Southern Spain.
- Visit one of the most romantic villages of Spain at el Rocio
- Explore the marshes and sand dunes of the Doñana National Park
- Swim in the Atlantic Ocean on a day tour from Seville
- Ride horses along the beach
- Drive by 4WD vehicle through sand dunes and marshes
- Look for abundant bird and wildlife, including flamingo, lynx, and more
Discover the spectacular Doñana National Park of Andalusia’s Atlantic coast on a full-day scenic wilderness tour from Seville, and see thousands of birds and unique ecosystems.
Following a hotel pick-up, drive approximately 60 miles (100 kilometers) towards Portugal. You will arrive at the Doñana National Park, one of the most important marshlands in Europe thanks to its proximity to Africa. Depending on the season it is a heaven for birdwatchers and nature lovers and you can see abundant wildlife.
You will have the options to tour the National Park by large 4WD vehicle, driving through shallow streams and over sand dunes, marveling at the abundant birdlife (depending on the season), or climbing on the back of a horse to ride along the windswept beach. The 4×4 tour takes about 4 hours and the horse riding 2 hours so that you can explore the area well enough and have better chances to see animals.
Later you will visit the information center to learn more about wildlife, and enjoy a short hike to take in the wide panoramas. Next, head to the beach for a swim or short siesta. You can choose to have a picnic on the beach, or head to a local restaurant to try the catch of the day if you prefer. After lunch (not included) enjoy a stroll or have a Spanish coffee and afternoon snack in the picturesque village of Rocio that is by far one of the most unique towns in Spain as it is home to the most famous pilgrimage and festivity, El Rocio and resembles an awe-inspiring wild west town. There you can see the charming chapel and wild horses before heading back to Seville.
- Schedule: Monday to Sunday at 6.30 am
- Duration: 10 hours
- Group size: 1-8 people
- Meeting point: Hotel pick up
- Local guide/Driver
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Group 4×4 tour in the park (in large 4×4 vehicles) or horse riding on the beach
- Insider tips
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Seville Day Trips