Rags to Riches: Old Town, Albaicin and The Alhambra Ultimate Private Tour
Don’t just visit the Alhambra, go further. After a private visit to the Alhambra let us take you to the Albaicin, Granada’s vibrant Arab quarter. Delve deeper than just the amazing monument and underneath the skin of Granada’s multifaceted past – all the better with a drink to enjoy!
- Discover the truth of the Alhambra, Granada’s iconic monument
- Explore the hills of the Albaicin with your guide
- Take in amazing views of Granada’s mountains
- Enjoy a drink as you soak up local ambience
Intricate designs and rich Moorish detail await. It will be hard not to feel like royalty as we take you through the breathtaking Alhambra. Each piece of this mystical jigsaw is perfectly sculpted to create a serene yet lavish hide-out in the mountains. Join us to uncover this masterpiece, and more, as we venture on into the city which it once protected – and all in half a day!
As we show you around, follow the scent of flowers in the ‘Generalife’, clamber through the Alcazaba fortress, stand in awe within the Nazari Palaces and understand the renaissance Palace of Charles V.
Just as enchanting as the Alhambra are the views surrounding. As if they too had been carved solely to please the eye: Spain’s highest mountains against the city of Granada itself. There is nothing subtle about the Alhambra
Continue on to descend through the lush forest of the Alhambra to the Albaicin district, named a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1994. Here, within the white washed maze of streets lies the final piece of our jigsaw. This is the Arab Quarter of Granada, home to many tales and of course, local bars and taverns where we will end with a drink in hand.
Please note, the order of the visit can change depending on the time of the visit to the palaces assigned by the Alhambra administration. The tour route can include hills, if needed you have the option to take a taxi or shuttle bus (not included).
When booking please provide your passport information for the entrance to the Alhambra: Full name, date of birth, nationality, gender and passport number.
- Schedule: Daily, time confirmed at booking
- Duration: 4 hours
- Group size: Private tour dependent on your group
- Meeting point: At the mural map at the ticket office of Alhambra
- Please bring your passport
- Private expert guide of the Alhambra
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets
- Visit to the Alcazaba, Nasrid Palaces, Generalife and Carlos V Palace
- Guided panoramic tour of the Albaicin
- One drink and tapa per person (beer, wine, water, coffee or tea)
- Insider tips
- Gratuities (optional)
- Optional taxi or shuttle bus
- Iberian ham