- Enter into a traditional Sevillian patio from your living room
- Learn to dance the basic flamenco steps
- Hear flamenco secrets from a gypsy
- Receive unique free tutorials to keep you dancing
Flamenco began in the courtyards of Seville’s Gypsy population – and that is where your webcam will transport you.
In this fun one hour class we will show you the true roots of flamenco, the social etiquette, and basic dance moves. As we talk you through the rhythms you will learn more about where they come from, what they mean and more importantly, how to use them at a party! This is a special chance to go behind the scenes of this intimate art.
We will cover the important posture, vibrant energy needed and flamenco attitude. Hand and arm movements are key party steps, as well as the infamous clappings and ‘remates’ which are rhythmic patterns made with the body – powerful and easy. The essence of flamenco lies in its ‘jaleos’, these are encouraging words from crowds which you will learn through the mic. “Oléee”!
Put this all together and you will have your routine – sure to impress them all!
To keep as a souvenir, as if you had landed in Spain yourself, you will receive two videos, one of which you have just learned as well as one of fun footwork techniques to keep you practicing at home. We also give you two lists of flamenco music so you can get lost in the sounds of Spain at home.
End with your feet still tapping and feeling as though you have lived and breathed flamenco for the last 20 years!
- Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday at 6pm. Every day starting at 11am, 12am, 1pm, 2pm, 7pm Spain time (GMT +1)
- Duration: approximately 1 hour
- Group size: 1-5 people
- An online class
- Download zoom before and enable your camera and audio. It is best to use your PC rather than a mobile phone
- Flamenco Dance Lesson
- Video recap of the class
- Unique footwork tutorial video
- Two lists of the best flamenco music: modern and traditional
- Insider tips
- Gratuities (optional)